Great Reads!

button

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Small Town Musings.....

I am big fan of the TV show "Glee".  I can't sing or dance, but I LOVE music. In the show the kids who don't leave their hometowns refer to themselves as "Lima Losers". I was watching last week's episode it made me think of how I felt in high school and how all I wanted to do was leave Bryan County, Oklahoma and all it's small-mindeness in the dust. I wanted to move to the "big" city and realize my dreams. Whatever...I did leave Bryan County, but guess what? I am still living in a small-town with all its drama and doing the same exact thing I would have done at home. Am I a loser because of this? No, I don't think so. I don't think our dreams should be defined by where we actually accomplish them. My goal and dreams were to love and be loved, be successful and productive member of society. I think I am. I try to shape future generations for the better, I have a nice home, a nice car and an awesome family. I have decided that getting away from home did make me a better person, but I really didn't get that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment