Great Reads!

button

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 9, 2012

My Running Playlist

Okay-if you know me at all there is one thing I love: MUSIC!!! I love all kinds of music (except country for the most part) and there is never silence in my car or house. The radio is always playing and I will switch stations constantly to hear something I like. When I started running I used my iPod on every single run-even the half marathon that I ran in the rain. I started training for a marathon and we weren't allowed to use music. I loved my coach, but I missed my music. Now even when I take the baby in the stroller I have the iPod going so we can both jam out. There are a few songs that are on every playlist I have and I must listen to them when I exercise. Here are some of my favorites:

"Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga-this is my most played song on iTunes. I LOVE LOVE this song-no matter how many times I hear it. My rule of running is that when this song comes on, I must run for the entire song.

"Sound of Madness" by Shine Down-ever had a bad day? This song is a great shouting, pulse-pounding rocks song to get your adrenaline pumping.

"Jai Ho" by A.R. Rahman-the feature song from the "Slumdog Millionaire" soundtrack. When I listen to this song, I remember how uplifting the movie is and it helps me get through my run.

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica-another great rage running song

"Tik Tok" and "Your Love is My Drug" by Ke$ha-when I first started running in 2009, these songs were so catchy and upbeat. On mile 10 of my first half-marathon (when I wanted to stop) these songs helped get through to the finish.

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem-one of my favorite motivating songs.

"Renegade" by Styx-oh mama....do I really need to say anything more?

"Then He Kissed Me" by The Crystals-short, sweet, and easy to bounce along.

Some more without my commentary:

"Thrash Unreal" by Against Me
"You Shook Me" by AC/DC
"Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith
"The Dogs Day are Over" and "Shake It Out" by Florence and the Machine
"Raise Your Glass" and "Just Like a Pill" by Pink
"Poker Face" by Lady Gaga

My new favorite song is "We Are Young" by Fun.

Basically music helps me forget the pain and gives me my "pace" when I forget my watch. I

No comments:

Post a Comment